Lasts app. 55’; no intermission.
Greek with Turkish surtitles.
- Direction, Scenic Installation & Text Composition: Theodoros Terzopoulos
- Music: Panagiotis Velianitis
- Costume Design: LOUKIA
- Light Design: Theodoros Terzopoulos, Konstantinos Bethanis
- Execution of Stage Installation: Charalampos Terzopoulos
- Technical Director: Konstantinos Bethanis
- Production Executive: Maria Vogiatzi
- Performers: Aglaia Pappa, Antonis Myriagkos
Theodoros Terzopoulos is a renowned director who has influenced modern theatre and theatre acting profoundly with numerous productions over the years. The director’s collaboration with the festival goes back to 1990s; since then, every visit he has made to Istanbul has had a profound impact upon Turkish theatre and has been a source of inspiration. Last year Terzopoulos presented the audience with Encore, the conclusion of his acclaimed trilogy. This year the master director will be staging the first play of the trilogy Alarme, and the second play Amor consecutively at the festival for the audience’s admiration.
In Amor, Terzopoulos turns the stage into an auction house where roles, props, emotions, memories and even parts of the human body are put up for sale. All these commodities are examined, appraised, and they are even subject to fluctuations in the stock market! Performers make ironic comments as they observe the current situation. The era of global crisis… The extreme behavior of those who both manipulate, and are manipulated by the authority in return, is subverted by a promise of love. Amor derives its power of political narrative from the driving force of being human: love.