Lasts app. 120’; no intermission.
Suitable for ages 16+.
Turkish with English surtitles.
BAKIRKÖY BELEDİYE TİYATROLARI
- Written by: Wolfram Lotz
- Directed by: Nurkan Erpulat
- Stage & Light Design: Cem Yılmazer
- Costume Design: Hande Tomris Kuzu
- Sound & Music Design: Başak Günak
- Dramaturgy: Ceren Ercan
- Correpetitor: Senem Zeynep Ercan
- Assistant Director: Emre Koç
- Regie Assistants: Ercan Koçak, Özbir Erciyas, Sevda Karabulut
- Performers: Erol Ozan Ayhan, Yelda Baskın, Doğacan Taşpınar, Elif Ürse, Alican Yücesoy
Thanks to Tunçay Kulaoğlu, Selin Kavak, Deniz Tahmaz, Selin Ölçen, Goethe-Institut Istanbul, Shermin Langhoff
The Ridiculous Darkness beckons us to embark on an uncanny journey into the non-existent rain forests of Afghanistan, into our absurd and despicable reality created from an orientalist point of view. Nurkan Erpulat interprets Lotz's text on brutal world order from the window of Turkey. The play is an unusual adaptation inspired by Joseph Conrad’s novel Heart of Darkness, and Francis Ford Coppola’s movie Apocalypse Now.