Each of performance lasts app. 90’; no intermission.
- Adapted from Nâzım Hikmet’s works and Directed by: Genco Erkal
- Music: Fazıl Say, Zülfü Livaneli, Cem Karaca, Tarık Öcal, Edip Akbayram, Tolga Çebi, Nadir Göktürk, Timur Selçuk
- Arrangements & Musical Direction: Yiğit Özatalay
- Costume Design: Özlem Kaya
- Light Design: Yüksel Aymaz
- Choreography: Sernaz Demirel
- Piano: Yiğit Özatalay
- Cello: Deniz Doğangün
- Clarinet: Çağdaş Engin
- Performers: Genco Erkal, Tülay Günal
Istanbul Theatre Festival salutes one of the greatest names of our theatre, Genco Erkal, who is celebrating his 60th year in art, and Dostlar Theatre celebrating its 50th anniversary. This performance features a selection from Erkal, who has staged countless plays as an actor, scriptwriter and director throughout his career. Nâzım Hikmet adaption On Living centres on the great poet’s years at the Bursa Prison. The Diary of a Madman was performed by Genco Erkal as the first one-man play ever staged in Turkey in 1965. The artist who has staged the same work four times with four different adaptations will be fascinating the audience once again with his inexhaustible energy and spectacular performance. Merhaba which takes the audience on a grand journey in the company of five great names from literature, premiered in New York.