Each of performance lasts app. 90’; no intermission.
- Adapted from Aziz Nesin, Bertolt Brecht, Can Yücel, Nâzım Hikmet Works & Shakespeare’s Plays, Directed & Performer by: Genco Erkal
- Music: Fazıl Say, Kurt Weill, Yiğit Özatalay, Arif Erkin, Selim Atakan
- Arrangements, Musical Direction & Piano: Yiğit Özatalay
- Bass clarinet: Çağdaş Engin
- Set Design: Cihan Aşar
- Costume Design: Özlem Kaya
- Light Design: Hakan Özipek
Istanbul Theatre Festival salutes one of the greatest names of our theatre, Genco Erkal, who is celebrating his 60th year in art, and Dostlar Theatre celebrating its 50th anniversary. This performance features a selection from Erkal, who has staged countless plays as an actor, scriptwriter and director throughout his career. Nâzım Hikmet adaption On Living centres on the great poet’s years at the Bursa Prison. The Diary of a Madman was performed by Genco Erkal as the first one-man play ever staged in Turkey in 1965. The artist who has staged the same work four times with four different adaptations will be fascinating the audience once again with his inexhaustible energy and spectacular performance. Merhaba which takes the audience on a grand journey in the company of five great names from literature, premiered in New York.