Lasts app. 80’; no intermission.
Turkish and English.
Suitable for ages 16+.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO BE READ BEFORE BUYING A TICKET
- To participate in the game you need an Android or iOS based smartphone. The application will ask you to use your personal data and your e-mail adress.
- Before you participate in the game please check your smartphone’s battery level; in order to avoid interruptions during the game your battery should be charged over 80% and your internet connection should be 3G or 4G. Our participants will be using their own internet package (5 MB) during the game and no other internet packages will be provided for the play.
- In order to participate in the game, you need to download the Enter Mephisto app beforehand either from Google Play or App Store.
- Participants should be present at the venue at least half an hour before the event starts for registry purposes.
- There is no seating arrangement; each participant may play the game either standing or walking around in the venue.
Created by: GOETHE INSTITUT & NOLGONG
- Based on Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s drama Faust.
- Adapted by: Benjamin von Blomberg
- Game Directed by: Peter Lee
- Performer: Yiğit Özşener (Mr. M.)
Goethe, without a doubt, is one of the greatest writers of world literature. Faust, which took many years to complete, reflects the change he went through in his life. One day, Faust who believes in absolutes... hold on a minute! Can we stop the usual flow of the text here? Actually, we don’t either have to think or know about all these in Being Faust – Enter Mephisto. This is a “big game” and is merely based on Goethe’s Faust: the human mind’s potential to be enticed by desires, every choice made in the direction of this potential and countless probabilities generated by those choices ... Lost values, departed principles, maybe the answer to the questions we haven’t addressed so far lies not in our reasons for doing what we do, but rather the path we take to get there. All right! How do we go about doing that? Being Faust – Enter Mephisto is a game using various virtual and physical game styles that can be played by registering with a smartphone. We are the actors, each one of us is a Faust... As soon as you enter the game your soul is sold to the great tempter, Mephistopheles, and the grand bargain begins in a world of values in which each of you is present as a Faust.