Lasts app. 125’; 2 Acts.
Turkish with English surtitles.
Suitable for ages 13+.
NİLÜFER BELEDİYESİ KENT TİYATROSU
- Written by: Wajdi Mouawad
- Directed by: Murat Daltaban
- Translated into Turkish by: Ayberk Erkay
- Director Assistant: Özlem Daltaban
- Choreography: Tan Temel
- Music: Oğuz Kaplangı
- Stage & Light Design: Cem Yılmazer
- Costume Design: Tomris Kuzu
- Director’s Assistant: Gökhan Kum
- Coordinator: Emre Feza Soysal
- Realization: Barış Ayas, Buket Tanrıseven, Meral Kaya, Önder Yalçın, Özlem Sunalp
- Stage Management: Halil Küreş
- Performers: Adem Mülazim, Ayşe Gülerman, Barış Ayas, Batuhan Pamukçu, Gökhan Kum, Melisa İclâl Yamanarda, Mesut Özsoy, Oğulcan Arman Uslu, Oğuzhan Ayaz, Pınar Hande Ağaoğlu, Zeynep Çelik Küreş
Wajdi Mouawad’s Incendies is a play that tells the story of the unquenchable fire of the Middle East. The story starts in the 1970s, extending from Canada to Lebanon, from a mother to her children. It is a striking play which takes the devastation of war to the stage, through a family. Even though the main theme of the play is the 1975-90 Lebanese Civil War, tragedy and mythology are enfolded in the recent history of the Middle East. Inciendies reconstructs historical documents and events, transforming reality into a personal story.