A co-production of Istanbul Theatre Festival.
Lasts app. 80’; no intermission.
Turkish with English surtitles.
Suitable for ages 13+.
- Written & Directed by: Şahika Tekand
- Art Director & Costume Design: Esat Tekand
- Light Design: Şahika Tekand
- Dramaturgy: Verda Habif
- Choreography of Kratos and Bia Parts: Gizem Bilgen
- Chorus Leader: Nilgün Kurtar
- Production Manager: Murat Ersan
- Director’s Assistants (alphabetical order): Verda Habif, Nilgün Kurtar
- Director’s 2nd Assistants (alphabetical order): Hilal Altıntaş, Emre Denizoğlu, Betül İngin
- Performers (alphabetical order): (Bia) Gizem Bilgen, (Kratos) Deniz Karaoğlu, (Hermes) Gökhan Küçük, (Prometheus) Yiğit Özşener, (İo) Şahika Tekand
- Chorus (alphabetical order): Anıl Doğan Albayrak, Huriye Aliefendioğlu, Selinay Duman, Aren Fındık, Mehmet Bahattin Genç, Verda Habif, Altay İcimsoy, Bilal Yiğit İnal, Betül İngin, Seda Kandemir, Buket Koyuncu, Nilgün Kurtar, Gökhan Özcan, Can Özmen, Cihat Parıltı, Bulut B. Sezer, Burcu Bacanak Şahin, Onur Tanyeri, Gizem Tileylioğlu, Nazlı Deniz Mercan, Burak Zafer
- Light Board Player: Melike Durukan
Şahika Tekand, known for her innovative approach in bringing classics and tragedies to the stage, this time settles old scores with Olympus and Zeus through İo. The play interprets mythology with a fresh perspective and brings the patriarchal world order and the tragedy of today’s people who are increasingly abandoning their memory and ability to question to the stage with a poetic action arrangement. In the play that works with the dynamic and tense relationship between light, sound and movement, the arrangement of movement makes the music visible, while the arrangement of speech is based on the music of language, lending the play the qualities of a musical recital.