You may follow the screening of the performance with tickets via online.iksv.org from 14 November (20.00) to 14 December.
Lasts app. 55’; no intermission.
Turkish with English subtitles.
- Written by: William Shakespeare
- Directed by: Kubilay Karslıoğlu
- Adapted & Performance by: Simge Günsan
- Costume & Stage Design: Şirin Dağtekin Yenen
- Assistant: Uğur Cem Biricik
- Light Design: Mansur Turna
- Poster Design: Barış Keskin
Thanks to TVS Stüdyoları
Betrayal, a series of misunderstandings, many a subterfuge, a visible hunger for power, lots of bloodshed and a tragic ending... A Shakespearean tragedy that includes its own comedy: King Lear. What if this classic play were staged around a kitchen counter surrounded by various cooking utensils, what kind of play and food would emerge? Having previously blended object theatre with storytelling in their play Macbeth in the Kitchen, this time Kadro Pa will be cooking a ‘tragic dinner with a sauce of revenge’. While King Lear and his friends slowly proceed towards the inevitable bitter end, the food prepared on the counter as ‘funeral reception food’ at the end of the play.