DATE AND VENUE
Lasts app. 70’; no intermission.
After the Play: Q&A with dancers (3 December)
CCN CRÉTEIL & VAL-DE-MARNE / CIE KÄFIG
- Co-produced by: Maison des Arts de Créteil, Espace Albert Camus in Bron
- With the support of: Compagnie Adrien M / Claire B
- Artistic Direction and Choreography: Mourad Merzouki
- Concept: Mourad Merzouki, Adrien M / Claire B
- Digital Production: Adrien Mondot & Claire Bardainne
- Music: Armand Amar (Sarah Nemtanu, violin / Julien Carton, piano / Nuria Rovira Salat, vocal / Additional Music: Anne-Sophie Versnaeyen, viola / Drum Programming: “Les Plocks”, Artback Society: Stéphane Lavallée & Julien Delaune / Recording, Mixing, Sound Design: Vincent Joinville / Modular Synthesizer: Martin Fouilleul)
- Assistant of the Choreographer: Marjorie Hannoteaux
- Artists: Antonin Tonbee Cattaruzza, Elodie Chan, Aurélien Chareyron, Yvener Guillaume, Amélie Jousseaume, Ludovic Lacroix, Ibrahima Mboup, Julien Seijo, Paul Thao, Sofiane Tiet and Médésséganvi Yetongnon known as Swing
- Light Design: Yoann Tivoli, Nicolas Faucheux (Assistant)
- Stage Design: Benjamin Lebreton
- Costume Design: Pascale Robin, Marie Grammatico (Assistant)
- Paintings: Camille Courier de Mèré & Benjamin Lebreton
The 22nd Istanbul Theatre Festival is proud to host a spectacular performance that pushes the boundaries of light and dance! Directed by Mourad Merzouki, one of the most influential figures of the hip-hop scene since the early nineties, PIXEL opens a window between hip- hop and video art. The result is a breathtaking choreography and imagery. Merzouki has produced various performances fusing hip-hop with circus acts, martial arts, and visual arts.
He has created a hybrid dance language with a multi-disciplinary approach while retaining the social and geographical roots of this dance movement. His company, Compagnie Käfig has reached one-and-a-half million viewers at three thousand performances in sixty countries in the last twenty years. In PIXEL, dancers start to move within the virtual landscapes of the 3D-digital set. The synthetic world of digital projections interacts with the reality of dancers, fusing body and images to create a poem and imagery.
The National Choreography Center of Créteil and Val-de-Marne / Käfig Company directed by Mourad Merzouki is funded by the Ile-de-France Regional Cultural Affairs Off ice - Ministry of Culture and Communication, the Val-de-Marne Department and the City of Créteil. It receives the assistance of Institut français for its international tours.