DATE AND VENUE
Lasts app. 90’; no intermission.
Portuguese with Turkish surtitles.
- Co-production: S. Luiz Teatro Municipal, Lisboa; Teatro Nacional S. João, Porto; Centro Cultural Vila Flor, Guimarães; Cine-Teatro Louletano, Loulé
- Directed by: Marco Martins (With) Beatriz Batarda & Romeu Runa From texts by Sophie Calle, Siri Hustvedt, Franz Kafka, Édouard Louis, Peter Kubelka, George Oppen, Richard Tuttle, Sylvia Plath, Philip Roth, Sophocles, William Shakespeare
- Music: Tiago Cerqueira
- Set Design: Fernando Ribeiro
- Light Design: Nuno Meira
- Light Designer Assistant: Ricardo Campos
- Sound Design: Sérgio Milhano
- Sound Designer Assistant: Tomé Silva
- Director Assistant: Rita Quelhas
- Magic Consultant: Hélder Guimarães
- Tap Dance Consultant: Marinela Mangueira
- Production Director: Mariana Brandão
- With the support of Artworks
- Artistic Residencies: dVIR/CAPa, Faro; Cine-Teatro Louletano, Loulé; CENTQUATRE, PARIS; O Espaço do Tempo, Montemor-o-Novo
- Acknowledgments Pro.Dança, Ministério dos Filmes, Pro.Dança, Sara Pereira da Silva
Marco Martins rediscovers the boundaries between fiction and reality in Profil Perdu, a show that focuses on our memories, brings together disciplines such as film, theatre and dance and invites us to the emotional map of today’s world. On the stage are Beatriz Batarda and Romeu Runa; as Martins puts it, two bodies as a repository of memories in which many consciousness and unconscious reflections are intertwined. Batarda and Runa’s childhood memories and parenting relationships form a language on family life through other characters created through bridges they build with each other. This language also leads to other “I”’s from which emerges the timeless drama presented to the audience. The house, which is modified and transformed throughout the show, shaped and destroyed by biographical data, destructed and rebuilt, produces endless questions with the narratives of two bodies: where do we belong, the memories that compose us, what is fiction and reality.