DATE AND VENUE
You may follow the screening of the performance with tickets via online.iksv.org from 14 November (20.00) to 14 December.
Lasts app. 90’; no intermission.
- Written & Directed by: Aksel Bonfil
- Producers: Nisan Ceren Göçen, Faruk Özerten (PODACTO)
- Sound Design & Mix: Serkan Köseoğlu
- Foley Editor: Hadiye Gülay Acar
- Sound Recording: Hakan Atmaca
- Project Manager: Naz Güven
- Technical Management: Hakan Atmaca
- Legal & Financial Officer: Evrim Zeybek
- Project Assistant: Zeynep Çamlılar, Su Lara Aslan
- Performers: Cengiz Bozkurt, Esra Dermancıoğlu, Salih Bademci, Ahsen Eroğlu
This is the story of a poor family of three in İstanbul in the 1940s trying to deal with a heavy burden on their backs, Capital Tax... A desperate father, a mother struggling with the hard truths, and a young girl trying to grow up between her family’s difficult conditions and her own dreams... Facing them is a taxman who will influence the fate of this little family and is ready to be unyielding for the sake of his own family... The play views the Capital Tax, which has created years of heavy consequences for Turkey’s non-Muslim population, from the perspective of an ordinary family. The impoverished house in Galata urges the audience to remember the political and social climate in recent history that had devastated individuals’ lives.